Chesapeake Bay Retriever Questions

Posted by Site Visitors

Bookmark and Share

Chesapeake Bay Retriever

Chesapeake Bay Retriever Questions

A Visitor asked the following question on 7/22/2007
Where do I take my puppies to have their eyes and hips tested? I am assuming my local vet, but I am not sure? What is the process? Does it matter if the dogs are UKC or AKC?

Date Reply Member
7/30/07 You can take your dog for Hip scoring to a certified vet. if your local vet is certified, that will do. Ask him. the x rays will be sent to OFA if they are. With the eyes, you need to take the dog to a certified eye doctor (opthemologist). This can be done at a dog show if they have the clinic there. Ask your vet for this info as well. Stephanie
Cle Elum Chesapeakes