Dog Forum Message Board Forum for Dog Lovers

Bookmark and Share

Welcome Visitor
Forum Main  |  Login  |  Register  |  Search
Current Replies for Zoomies
Bessie Forever
6/27/2008 7:27:40 PM
Posts: 1
We all know the phenomenon where a dog gets all wound up and starts running around in a circle like crazy. I've heard some people call it "the zoomies." Is there a clinical name and description of this? I'm looking for something a little more scientific than "zoomies."
6/28/2008 5:30:13 AM
Posts: 1904
its the zoomies. Just means they have a little excess energy and are having way too much fun. Usually a donut thro the house or some pattern thro the house.

Spinning in tight circles is different and is referred to as "spinning". IF the dog only spins in one direction then it is classified as a neurological problem, usually a form of eplilepsy.

Serena Galloway
IGCA rescue Colorado

No Part of this msg may be forwarded without the author's permission
6/29/2008 7:51:29 PM
Posts: 409
We have the "butt tuck zoomies" around here, too.
7/11/2008 9:15:20 AM
Posts: 3
I've also heard it called "FRAP" - Frenetic Random Activity Periods. "Zoomies" sounds better, though.