Beagle Questions

Posted by Site Visitors

Bookmark and Share


Beagle Questions

A Visitor asked the following question on 7/5/2006
Why can't dogs eat chocolate

Date Reply Member
12/1/07 Chocolate is toxic to dogs and can kill them. Most dangerous is baker's chocolate (bars and chips)and dark chocolate, as they have chocolate that is more concentrated than regular milk chocolate. Technically, even a person could become poisoned by chocolate. Anything in very large quantities could potentially poison a person, a dog, or any animal. However, our tolerance to chocolate is much much higher than a dog's. Different animals process foods differently. Dogs just cannot process and tolerate chocolate well. Barb
Ohmer's Westside Beagles